Check out our other great plants here: https://www.dutchguygardens.com.
🛑 We can't refund or exchange live plants once they are in your care.
🛑 If your plant arrives with an issue, you must report it within 48 hours and we will find a solution together.
🛑 We can only honor dead on arrival if you report any loss from shipping within 24 hours of the tracking showing delivery of your plants.
Please ask any questions before placing your order, the no refund/no exchange policy will be strictly followed. Thank you for understanding.
✋This listing is for a small, young, bare-root (no pot) orchid plug. It will take several years to mature and is not a mature orchid!
Live orchid plants or orchids in pots bring an enlightenment garden into your home, give you a sense of peace and help the air quality around you. Plant decor can set a native tone for any room. Tropical plants add that extra splash of color, fragrance, and natural charm to an indoor tropical garden.
🌺 Encyclia radiatum is an orchid species identified by Hoffmanns. in 1841. It has clusters of 1-inch white fragrant flowers with pink stripes and a strong vanilla fragrance.
Encyclia Orchids like bright, indirect, filtered light (even brighter than is needed for Cattleya). They will grow under fluorescent bulbs, but natural light is best. An east-facing window provides ideal morning sunlight and protects the plant from the hot afternoon sun, which could scorch the leaves.
🌱 Plant Details
▸ Not cloned to our knowledge. The flower may vary from the first photo.
▸ These are orchid plugs planted in media for the first time.
▸ They are not currently in spike or bloom and will need several years to mature. Blooming can only happen after they are mature.
▸ These plants are about 6" tall with good growth and strong roots.
▸ The first photo is representative of the flowers. All other photos are representative of the plants for sale.
▸ Shipped bare-root (no pot).
🪴 Care Guide
▸ Give them bright light.
▸ If potted, roots should be permitted to dry out between waterings.
▸ Use a balanced fertilizer, with no particular rest period.
▸ Species grow well mounted on cork and can be potted in a medium-sized mix.
❗️Note: Live orchid plants grown from seeds have unique flowers and are not exactly like each other. To have an exact flower you need to have a division or clone of the flower you are looking for.
1-3 business days
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Last updated 1 July 2022.
Additionally, I will make every reasonable effort to inform you when I interact with third parties with your information; however, you are solely responsible for reviewing, understanding, and agreeing to or not agreeing to any third-party privacy policies.
Information I Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information from time to time if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I collect, use and share your information in several legally-permissible ways, including:
- As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide you with customer support;
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list or to receive notifications from me;
- If necessary to comply with a court order or legal obligation, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Protecting my customers’ personal information is crucially important to my business and something I take very seriously. For these reasons, I share your personal information only for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- With Third-Party Service Providers. I engage the following trusted third parties to perform functions and provider services to my shop:
Google Analytics, which helps me understand how visitors browse Dutch Guy Gardens. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
I share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services;
- In the Event of a Business Transfer. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- In Compliance with Laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that doing so is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) perform legal obligations to which I am bound by agreements; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
How Long I Store Your Information
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction has. If I am required to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. Your rights are as follows:
- Right to Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Right to Change, Restrict, or Delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (such as where I am required to store information for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon your request.
- Right to Object. You can object to (a) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (b) receiving marketing messages from me. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue storing and using your information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Right to Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
You may reach me with any concerns relating to privacy at firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Dutch Guy Gardens.
Not always, as with all living things, there are variations in blooms that occur in orchids grown from seeds. So even orchids in the same variety of a hybrid may all produce different colors, petal shapes, bloom sizes, and/or patterns. Orchids are bred and rebred until a perfect flower is achieved, but the only way to pass that exact flower along is through cloning and dividing. Unless the listing notes that the photo of the flower is the actual plant for sale or the plant is a clone, the bloom you receive may be slightly or totally different from our best guess (the photo used to give you an idea).
We can not be responsible for handling the package by the shipping company, including but not limited to any loss, delay, or damage to the package. If you have an issue related to shipping, please file a claim with the shipping company and include the tracking number provided.
We cannot guarantee that any spikes, buds, or blooms on live orchids will remain intact during shipping, but we will pack as carefully as possible. We don't advertise orchids as in spike, bud, or bloom - that doesn't mean we don't ship them in that stage. It just means the price you are paying is for what the plant is worth, not what the occasional flowers are worth. The plants continue to grow while they are waiting to be purchased and an orchid that starts without a spike may well be in bud or bloom before it is packaged and shipped to you. If you need an orchid in a certain flower stage, please ask before you purchase.
Aug 4, 2022
Seller took great effort in protecting the plants in shipping as well as providing instructions specifically for the two different orchids I ordered. I took care of the 2 little pots of orchids as instructed and put them with my several other orchids together. They seem to be doing fine but after a few days somehow the largest leave from the Oncidium fell out itself. I can only guess that it was hurt during shipping. Otherwise the orchids look fine.
Jul 24, 2022
Jul 21, 2022
Healthy and well packed. Pleased so far.
Jul 11, 2022
Perfect! Seller very responsive to communication and fast shipping. I am very, very pleased with the plant and how safely it was packed. Even came with personalized care instructions and tips. Will definitely be keeping an eye on your shop!
Jun 29, 2022
Nicely packaged with no damage. Arrived quickly. Business was smooth and didn't break my bank. The plant came with really fat bulbs...healthy. Thank you.